Congestion at Ward Office Counters

PSA Yokohama

Every year from mid-March to early April, ward office Family Registry Section counters that handle moving procedures get very busy, so you may have to wait more than two hours.

The ward office is open from 9am to 12pm on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, in addition to weekdays

During the mid-March to early April period, Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays are particularly busy, so please visit ward offices on other days where possible. The car parks also get very crowded so please use public transport.

When moving house, the moving out notice can be submitted beforehand. Once your moving date has been decided, please submit it as soon as possible.

Foreign nationals will need a resident card or special permanent resident certificate for the ward’s moving in procedures. Please check the Yokohama City website for the necessary documents.

Certificates such as copies of resident cards and seal registration certificates can be obtained at locations outside of ward offices. Specifically, they can be obtained at 10 administrative service corners in the city or through the convenience store issuing service. Ward offices will be very crowded, so please make use of these options.

The Yokohama City website provides information on topics such as procedures related to moving and how busy ward offices are. Please search under “Yokohama City - Moving”.