When riding bicycles, please follow the traffic rules and cycle safely.
1) The basic rule for bicycles is that they must be used on the road. Cycling on the pavement is the exception, not the rule.
2) You should cycle on the left hand side of the road.
3) On the pavement, pedestrians have right of way. Cycle on the side nearest the road.
4) Cycling under the influence of alcohol, riding double, or riding side-by-side is prohibited. When cycling at night, you should use lights. Please follow the traffic lights at intersections and remember to check for safety.
5) Make sure that children wear a helmet.
Minato City provides a service where interpreters connected to video calls through tablets interpret conversations between foreign residents and ward office staff. The service can be used by anyone, so if you need an interpreter, please ask the staff at the counter.
11 languages are available; English, South/North Korean, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai, Russian, Tagalog, Nepalese, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
The tablets are installed at the Community Promotion Section on 3rd Floor of Minato City Hall, each Regional City Office and the Daiba Annex, Minato Recycling and Waste Collection Office, the Children and Families Support Center and Minato Public Health Center.