6th/9th September 2021
Families that have already been issued with a children’s medical certificate will be sent a new one in a blue envelope in mid-September.
The color of new certificate will be orange and should be used from October.
Children’s medical certificate serves as proof for the deduction of your self-pay portion of the medical expenses.
Please present your child’s health insurance card and the children’s medical certificate at the appropriate counter of the medical institution, when a child up to and including junior high school age receives medical care or a prescription that is covered by health insurance.
The system does not apply to costs not covered by health insurance.
In order to be issued with a children’s medical certificate, the following two criteria must be fulfilled:
1. Both the guardian and the child must be registered as residents of Minato City and be living there.
2. The child must be covered by Japanese health insurance.
You can apply for the Medical Expense Subsidy System for Children at the Health and Welfare Subsection of the Residents Support Section at your local Regional City Office.
You will need to take your child's health insurance card.
The section in charge is the Children’s Benefit Subsection of the Child and Family Section at Minato City Hall.
The Autumn National Traffic Safety Campaign will be held from Tuesday 21st - Thursday 30th September.
This year’s slogan is ‘TOKYO - Aiming to be the World’s No. 1 City for Traffic Safety’.
The main objectives are as follows:
1. Ensuring safety for pedestrians, starting with children and senior citizens.
2. Raising awareness of safe driving to prevent accidents at dusk or at night and to protect pedestrians, etc.
3. Ensuring safety of bicycles and to make cyclists obey traffic rules.
4. Stamping out malicious and dangerous driving such as drink driving, etc.
5. Preventing traffic accidents involving bicycles and motorbikes.
Each and every one of us should follow the correct traffic rules and manners in our daily lives to reduce traffic accidents.
The section in charge is the Community Transportation Subsection of the Community Transportation Section at Minato City Hall.