Congestion at Ward Office Counters and Temporary Office Hours

PSA Yokohama

Every year from mid-March to early April, ward office Family Registry Section counters that handle moving procedures get very busy, so you may have to wait more than two hours.

The ward office is open from 9am to 12pm on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, in addition to weekdays.

During the mid-March to early April period, Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays are particularly busy, so please visit ward offices on other days where possible. 

The car parks also get very crowded so please use public transport.

When moving out of Yokohama City, you can submit the moving out notice online if you have a My Number card and compatible smartphone. 

If you do not have these, you can submit the notice via post.

If you are visiting the counter, the notice will be accepted from around 14 days beforehand, so please submit it as soon as you can.

Foreign nationals will need a resident card or special permanent resident certificate for the ward’s moving in procedures.

Certificates such as copies of resident cards and seal registration certificates can be obtained at locations outside of ward offices. 

Specifically, they can be obtained at 10 administrative service corners in the city or through the convenience store issuing service. 

Ward office counters will be very crowded, so please make use of these options.

The Yokohama City website provides information on topics such as procedures related to moving and how busy ward offices are. 

Please search under “Yokohama City - Moving”.